Friday 14 June 2013

Armadillo&Co Rugs

I've been meaning to do this post for a while now, because I know how lots of you are wanting to find fabulous rugs. I think they're so important for a home - they create a cosiness, and I've talked before about how brilliant they are for defining zones and areas in your home or workplace.

Dael & I love to use rugs from Armadillo&Co for our clients. They come in a range of show-stopping patterns and colours, and each rug is custom made for it's owner. You choose the pattern/style of rug, and the colours. They can be made any size you want (max. 4 x10 m), and in any shape (rectangular, round, oval, or cut to a specific shape). The cost is calculated per m2.




Founded by Jodie Fried & Sally Pottharst in Melbourne, 2009, the aim was for their rugs to lie lightly on this earth. Every piece embraces Fair Trade practices, and is crafted from sustainable natural fibres including pure wool, jute, cotton and hemp. All purchases benefit local schools in the weavers' Indian villages.

I hope you don't mind the amount of photos I've included in this post, but I really wanted to show you a good range of the options available. This only scrapes the surface though, there are many more. If anyone is interested in more information about purchasing an Armadillo&Co rug, please contact me - I'd love to help.


Chevron


Chevron Multi-Stripe


Ribbon Stripe


Ribbon Multi-Stripe


Band Multi-Stripe

Band

Casablanca



Addition

Triangle

Flower Weave - Dandelion


Flower Weave - Marigold


all images off the Armadillo&Co website or blog


As I said, this is just a small selection. I have chosen my favourites, and you know I love colour & pattern. There are lots of neutral, earthy rugs if that is more your style.

9 comments :

  1. Not only do I love their beautiful designs (got my eyes firmly on a couple of grey beauties that popped up) but I love that you can customise the size. In my 8 years of living in the UK I have not been able to find a rug that fits our living room perfectly! Taken a note of their name so that once we settle, I can do some serious shopping! Thanks Vic – not only is your blog a pleasure to read but it has become such a valuable resource for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those lovely words, Meghan :) you'll definitely find Armadillo rugs in Australia. I am such a big advocate of them, they are such great quality - a real investment. x

      Delete
  2. Can it be- I think I love all of them. Reason #337 why I want to get rid of our wall-to-wall carpeting: fun area rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have to take you up on that offer one day... I wasn't sure about shipping from Oz. Such an amazing selection, I'm glad you showed us lots of pics... stripes, crosses and triangles are my faves! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks so much for putting this up! How do we go about purchasing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. If you live in NZ I can organise and order your rug/s. Email me (my address is in the 'Contact Me' tab at top of page) with the dimensions, pattern, and colour/s, and I will start the order process. I require a 50% deposit, and 50% before delivery. It takes up to 12 weeks to custom make each rug. Let me know if you have any questions. Vic x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert is like the Aldi (maybe the Costco) of mattress suppliers. He's very friendly, but you won't see a fake smile or a pushy sales pitch. His storefront is entirely unassuming, to the point where some people might look down upon it. Springbok Rugs

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips