Tuesday 28 May 2013

Manuel Canovas

Manuel Canovas is a Frenchman after my own heart, starting his fabric company in Paris 50 years ago. Inspired by his travels abroad, he would take that inspiration and turn it into his designs, but always with his own distinctly French flavour. 

To celebrate it's 50th anniversary, Canovas' current design director, Ariane Dalle, took her team to Rajasthan, India to soak up the glorious and vibrant colours and patterns. Out of that trip came the 2013 collection, which I think is just extraordinary!












9 comments :

  1. That is a truly gorgeous fabric range. Thanks for bringing me some colour on a rainy day. Pink, purple and orange is my current fave combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Brady, thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Wow Vic, this is my kind of colour. Love the mix of patterns. Very clever! Wouldnt be awesome to design fabric? Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had an amateur try at fabric design Amy, but I think I'll leave it to the masters! :) x

      Delete
  3. Gulp! These are sublime. I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Rachel, I'm trying to track down that last curtain fabric for an ottoman I want to recover. x

      Delete
    2. Oh yes!! So many colours you could put with it. That's my fave, too. We do expect to see the results, mind you!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow wow wow wow! These are spectacular! I can already see a re-upholstering project in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you can certainly see the influence of India coming through in the vibrant colours! Beautiful Vic. The first image really took my breath away x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips