Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Little Piece of Scandinavia in Scotland

You would be forgiven for thinking that the home I'm about to show you is in Sweden or Norway. While it most definitely has the feel and aesthetics of a Scandinavian home, it is actually a tenement flat in Glasgow, Scotland. It is the home of Deborah Moir, her husband, and two young sons. Deborah is soon to have her own blog, but you can find her guest posting on A Merry Mishap, and also on Instagram and Pinterest.

Deborah's love for Scandinavian design has taught her to declutter her home and achieve a happy, relaxed family environment through her clean, neutral colour palette. She has so many of my favourite pieces ie: the Karlsson clock, an Eames hang-it-all, that striped Ikea rug, and I love the spots on the bedroom wall.














source: here and here

7 comments :

  1. normall i like a bit more colour...but i really really love this, so simple, clean, and funky too!thanks for sharing...love the dots too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jodie. I love black & white, but I usually like to team it with some bold colours, and a bit of Bohemia. But I love the graphic nature of this home. x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Vic, This is totally up my ally! have just posted this to Father Rabbit. Thanks for sharing! Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Vic. How cool is the polka dot wall?!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't believe she was able to carry the black and white theme throughout the house - even through the kids' room. It looks so bright and fresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have for sure guessed this was in Scandi Land. The kid's space is great with all the fun colours and touches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love black and white - my fav!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips