Wednesday 14 December 2011

Home Sweet, Close to my Heart, Home

I'd like to take you on a little tour through a groovy home that belongs to Canadian couple, Nerissa and Peter, and their wee girl, Luna. I love this home with it's Scandinavian feel, and bold graphics. But I also love the story, as it is similar to my own... Nerissa is a graphic designer and she started her blog, The New Domestic, to document her and Peter's adventures as first time parents and home owners. She has since launched an online shop of the same name with a homewares line of products that bring joy to life & home - hers and ours.
Thanks for the sneak peek Design Sponge.



Cushions & rug fulfilling my love of black & white stripes, and fab picture wall

Nerissa's studio where she works, blogs and gets crafty

Chair and wallpaper that were made for each other

A lovely room for gatherings - the bunting was made by Nerissa for Luna's birthday party, but they loved it so much it has become a permanent fixture

TV and hangout room - love the Marimekko fabric hanging and the balloons in the fireplace

Instead of one piece of art in the master bedroom, a shelf displays random pieces that can be changed whenever they feel like it

Studio come family activity room - a place for everyone

I adore Luna's room which is filled with pieces her parents have collected throughout the years

Nerissa's dream kitchen

I couldn't agree more!

4 comments :

  1. Such a cosy, fun feel to this home Vic. I love a home that actually looks like people live in it whilst still looking stylish! Great post :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great home tour - that beautiful wallpaper stopped me in my tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wallpaper is amazing! I like this design aesthetic too - graphic and clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny but that second image looks exactly like my home office space: a large window, low to the ground and off centered). I really like the idea of the extended desk.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips